This will be a gritty post – no fluff just facts.
In a March post we listed the big projects we wanted to complete that month including installing Block and Tackle for the Dinghy Davits. We did well with the Spinnaker Pole guys remaining. Give me a fist bump. Boom
In April, our list included hauling out Dharma Girl for replacing the last two Seacocks, Valve Adjustments on the motor, and a minor repair on the aft pulpit; replace our Fresh Water Pump (and keeping the old as a backup); build a rear Lazarette Floorboard around the steering post; Set up our Mail Forwarding Service; install the 1st & 2nd Reef Lines on Leech of Mainsail (ran out of time to install Dog Bone – hope to at later date); mark Anchor Chain and Flip end to end; replace Bolts on Transmission Coupling; have Roger Marine program our MMSI number into our SSB and VHF radios; receive our OB Motor and new Achilles Dinghy; …
And in boat project tradition, there are the sneaker projects that arise in between or during what you are working on. Chris worked hard to remove an air bubble from AirCon system (we learned to close the seacock before pulling boat out of water). Then noticing the freezer wall needs repair. When removing the SSB unit, the antenna wire pulled away from the plug (of course), had to find and order part. Perhaps pulling the new wire can be completed this month. Who would thought that finding a Motor Lifting Harness to fit our 9.8 Tohatsu Outboard would be so time consuming. But that is done. And the last sneaker as I write this is regarding our self steering Hydrovane. Long explanation to come at a later date but we need to exchange our Large Shaft for an Extra Large Shaft to accommodate clearing our Solar Panel. Fortunately, the folks at Hydrovane are amazing to work with and should be relatively uneventful.
For the remaining Month of April we have: pick up and install the new cushions for the Salon Settees; Pull SSB antenna wire; reconnect SSB and button up the Navigation Panel; Order Dinghy Anchor; determine our Dinghy Bridle and order/create; do some preventive work and repair a few minor gelcoat that are peeling; go up the Mast and install Spinnaker Block, Radar Deflector, and flag halyard; and remove Hydrovane Drive Unit and store on boat and Shaft to mail to West Vancouver, BC.
We are over the big hump of projects and now literally runny around completing the bazillion small tasks.
Again – all grammar and spelling errors are due to lack of time with the priority of updating you all.
AND … we leave the early part of week May 19th.